A hot deal on heat pump water heaters
Save big when you upgrade to a high-performance heat pump water heater. Earn cash back on your purchase and watch your water heating costs drop. Energy efficient electric hybrid (also known as heat pump) water heaters can use less than half the energy of a standard electric storage water heater and can save a four-person household up to $350 per year in energy bills.
|Equipment Purchases and Services|
|Heat Pump Water Heater Trade Ally Install||Heat Pump Water Heater Customer Self Install|
|Customer Incentive: $400||Customer Incentive: $600|
|Trade Ally Incentive: $200||Trade Ally Incentive: N/A|
Choose a Qualified Trade Ally from the Wattsmart Vendor Network
- The Wattsmart Vendor Network (Network) is a collaboration between Pacific Power and local contractors, distributors, manufacturers, engineers, architects, and other vendors to promote the sales and incentives for the installation of energy-efficient equipment.
- Advantages to participating in the Network include: improved visibility, program support and training, access to incentive-specific calculators, qualified business leads, marketing support, and notification of program updates.
- Become a Wattsmart Vendor
Ensure the single-family home qualifies:
- Must be an existing single-family home. Manufactured homes, multifamily and new construction are not eligible for this incentive
- Heat pump water heater must be installed by a contractor or self-installed by the homeowner
- Heat pump water heater must meet the following minimum efficiency criteria
- > 45 and ≤ 55 gallons: at least 3.09 or 3.31 Uniform Energy Factor (UEF)
- May be an existing home or new construction; single family, multifamily, and manufactured homes all qualify
- Previous water heater must be a residential-style electric storage water heater (incentive does not apply when replacing an existing heat pump water heater)
- Customer must hire a contractor, who is a qualified Trade Ally from the Wattsmart Vendor Network. Find approved vendors: pacificpower.tradeally.com. Projects completed by contractors not on this list are not eligible for this incentive.
- Installation must meet specifications found in the California Technical Specifications Manual
- Incentive application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of work completed date
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the Home Energy Savings program March 28, 2022 tariff filing approved by the California Public Utilities Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of California who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules D, DL-6, DS-8, DM-9 or NEM-35 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of California where the tenant is billed on rate schedules D, DL-6, DS-8, DM-9 or NEM-35 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power account holder.
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor on the California Participating Plumbing Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a qualified program trade ally. Review the incentive application with your trade ally to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved incentive application. Checks are only payable to the account holder. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to California Public Utilities Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.