An electrically heated 1,500 sq. ft. home could receive $1,440 cash back for installing 1,500 sq. ft. of attic insulation and 900 sq. ft. of wall insulation.
Don’t Hesitate. Insulate.
Upgrade your insulation and earn cash back for every square foot. There’s no easier way to prepare your home for the chill of winter and the dog days of summer. By installing qualified insulation, you can save hundreds of dollars a year on heating and cooling, which makes this simple upgrade the very definition of Wattsmart.
The Federal Non-Business Energy Property Tax Credits have been retroactively extended from 12/31/2017 through 12/31/2020. Tax credits are available to homeowners who installed energy-efficient products in 2018, 2019, and 2020. Insulation is eligible for a 10% of the cost, up to $500 (installation costs do not qualify) tax credit. More information.
By sharing this information, Pacific Power is not providing any tax advice. Please consult with your tax adviser concerning the tax treatment of incentives and reporting of payments with respect to your taxes.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Services and Requirements
|Existing R-19 or less
Final depth R-38 or greater
|$0.35/ sq. ft.
|No existing wall insulation
Final depth of R-13 or fill wall cavity
|$0.75/ sq. ft.
- Home must have an electric heating system servicing at least 80% of the home’s conditioned living space
- Electrically heated home incentives apply to houses with a permanently installed electric furnace, heat pump or electric zonal heating systems (e.g., baseboard or ceiling/wall heaters) as the current primary heat source. Space heaters do not qualify
- Homes with an electric heating system and central air conditioning only qualify for the “Homes with electric heating system” incentives
- Incentives are available for existing homes only and may be installed by a Qualified Contractor or self-installed by the homeowner
- For each area of the home, limit one incentive per insulation type, for the lifetime of the home
- Work performed as part of building code requirements is not eligible for an incentive
- Products must be installed between unconditioned and conditioned living spaces
- Products must be installed in accordance with the specifications found in the California Technical Specifications Manual
- Incentive amount cannot exceed the total cost of the project. Self-installers are eligible for incentives on materials only
- Unfinished areas or areas that aren’t conditioned living spaces, such as a garage, do not qualify
- Homes built in or after 2013 do not qualify
- Pre-existing insulation levels must be R-19 or less
- Final insulation depth must be R-38 or greater
- Interior walls, such as walls between rooms, do not qualify
- Insulation along rim joists does not qualify
- Basement walls do not qualify
- All required documentation must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date. Required documents include:
- Completed and signed incentive Application
- Itemized receipt/contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- For all businesses receiving incentives: Completed and signed W-9
Multifamily property owners are eligible for attic and wall insulation incentives. Work performed must meet all requirements as stipulated above for single-family homes. To apply for the multifamily incentives, please contact the Home Energy Savings program at 1-855-805-7231 or [email protected]
Residential electric customers residing in the state of California who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules D, DL-6, DS-8, DM-9 or NEM-35 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of California where the tenant is billed on rate schedules D, DL-6, DS-8, DM-9 or NEM-35 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power account holder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor on the California Participating or Qualified HVAC Contractor list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the incentive application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved incentive application. Checks are only payable to the account holder. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to California Public Utilities Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Pacific Power account number
- Electronic image of you receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below:
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your online application to load in out system.