Go ductless and find your comfort zone
Make the move to a ductless heat pump and earn up to $1,800 cash back on your purchase. It’s a simple upgrade that’s far more efficient than baseboard and wall heaters. Enjoy savings of up to 50 percent on your heating and cooling costs, and with no invasive ductwork, installation is easy and affordable. Buildings with four (4) or more units are considered multifamily.
Heat pumps replacing oil, propane, wood, or other non-electric or non-gas fuel source are eligible for increased incentives. Apply for fuel switching incentives here.
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive*|
|Ductless heat pump||$1,600-$1,800|
|Ductless heat pump (fuel switching)||$1,800-$2,000|
* Incentive level is dependent upon various factors including whether or not the customer is residing in a Highly Impacted Community. If you have questions, talk to an approved Wattsmart Home Energy Savings vendor.
Ensure the multifamily home qualifies:
- Home must complete the pre-qualification process and must receive approval before an application can be submitted. Contact the program to begin the pre-qualification process and to get the required application documents at [email protected]
- Must be an existing multifamily property, new construction is not eligible for this incentive.
- Customers in manufactured homes can learn more about ductless heat pumps HERE, and customers in single-family homes can learn more about ductless heat pumps HERE.
- Qualifying replacement equipment includes electric heating system, or gas, oil, wood heating, pellet stoves, and propane sytem conversions.
- Heat pumps replacing oil, propane, wood, or other non-electric or non-gas fuel source are eligible for increased incentives. Apply for fuel switching incentives here.
- Space heaters do not qualify.
- Incentive is not offered to customers replacing existing ducted heat pump.
- Four or more attached units are considered multifamily.
- Work performed as part of the building code requirements do not qualify.
- Homes built in or after 2013 do not qualify.
Requirements for ductless heat pumps:
- Minimum 9.0 HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor).
- Equipment must be installed according to specification outlined in the Washington Technical Specification Manual.
- Equipment must be listed on the AHRI (Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute) Certified Directory: ahridirectory.org.
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards.
- Equipment must be a new AHRI rated ductless (mini-split) system.
- Must employ an inverter driven outdoor compressor unti and a variable speed fan for indoor blower and be fully ductless.
- Must have at least one indoor head installed in the primary living space.
- Customers may self-install ductless heat pumps with no contractor required.
Additional program rules:
- May apply for only one incentive per heat pump.
- Submit all documents within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date.
- Application must be submitted within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Incentive may not exceed the total cost of the project.
- Incentive Application, completed and signed *
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Product and/or installation costs (materials, labor, service)
- Model number: indoor and outdoor
- Date work initiated
- Date work completed
- Trade ally business name
- AHRI certificate
- Third Party Payment Addendum (only for homeowners and other third-party entities not listed on account and applying for incentives)
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable **
* If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application.
** Applicable only to business and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives.
Incentives are associated with the Home Energy savings program January 1, 2023 tariff filing approved by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. All incentives are subject to change within 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Multifamily properties featuring four or more attached unit are eligible to receive program incentives.
Multifamily property owners must have a landlord account on a qualifying residential rate schedule. You can find your rate on your utility bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Qualifying Pacific Power residential rate schedules:
- Washington: 16, 17, 18, and 19
Review the information in the Eligibility section of this page and call 1-855-805-7231 or email us to ensure your multifamily property is eligible.
- Pre-inspection of multifamily property
- Once it has been established that the complex is on a qualified residential rate schedule, a pre-qualification inspection will take place.
- Please provide the following required information to initiate a pre-qualification inspection:
- Specific street address or account number
- Complex name
- Contact at the complex and phone number where they can be reached
- Measures that are being requested to be inspected
- Once this information is received, an inspector will assess the complex to verify whether it qualifies and if it would benefit from our incentive offerings.
- Your contractor will be notified of the status of the inspection. If the complex qualifies for any of the Home Energy Savings program incentives, the contractor will schedule a time with the property manager to complete the work.
Contractor completes energy upgrades:
- The contractor will perform the necessary work for the project to qualify for an incentive. Consult with your contractor to get a clear understanding of the work being performed and how long it will take. Also, remember to notify your tenants about the work being done.
Application is submitted:
- Once the work is completed, the contractor submits one incentive application for the entire multifamily property to the Home Energy Savings program.
- All units listed on the application must be verified on the landlord account (units may need to be added if they are not under the landlord account at time of review).
- One itemized invoice detailing the work performed for the property must be submitted.
- A completed W-9 form for the person or entity receiving the incentive check must be submitted along with the application for tax purposes. For changes to account name, contact Business Solutions at 1-866-870-3419.
- In some cases a Third Party Payment Addendum will be required if a landlord account is not set up or if the payment is going to anyone other than the account holder
- Applications cannot be processed if any required documentation is missing.
- The property is then queued for a post-work inspection.
- After receipt of a completed incentive application the program will schedule a post-work inspection to verify all program requirements have been met.
- A minimum of 25 percent of the units that received an energy efficiency upgrade must be inspected
- Tenants should be notified of this post-work inspection beforehand.
Application is processed and check is mailed:
- Checks will be issued for approved applications within six weeks of final processing.
Incentive Application Materials:
- IRS W-9 Forms (for business and non-individual customers receiving incentives)
- Third party payment addendum