Manufactured homes insulation
Manufactured homes insulation
Get up to $0.75/sq. ft. cash back
Don’t Hesitate. Insulate.
Upgrade your insulation and earn cash back for every square foot. There’s no easier way to prepare your home for the chill of winter and the dog days of summer. By installing qualified insulation, you can save hundreds of dollars a year on heating and cooling, which makes this simple upgrade the very definition of Wattsmart.
The Federal Non-Business Energy Property Tax Credits have been retroactively extended from 12/31/2017 through 12/31/2020. Tax credits are available to homeowners who installed energy-efficient products in 2018, 2019, and 2020. Central air conditioners are eligible for a $300 tax credit. More information.
By sharing this information, Pacific Power is not providing any tax advice. Please consult with your tax adviser concerning the tax treatment of incentives and reporting of payments with respect to your taxes.
Qualifications & Incentives
Homes Customer Incentive
|Attic Insulation||$0.62/sq. ft. (R-21 or greater)
$0.75/sq. ft. (R-30 or greater)
|Floor Insulation||$0.37/sq. ft. (R-30 or greater)|
Ensure the manufactured home qualifies:
- Must be an existing manufactured home, new construction is not eligible for this incentive.
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
- For each area of the home, limit one incentive per insulation type, for the lifetime of the home
- Work performed as part of building code requirements do not qualify
- Homes built in or after 2013 do not qualify
Requirements for all insulation projects:
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible Weatherization Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible Weatherization Contractor List or may be self-installed by the homeowner.
- Insulation must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Washington Technical Specifications Manual
- Insulation must be installed between unconditioned and conditioned living spaces.
Additional requirements for attic insulation:
- Existing R-value must be no more than R-19
- Final R-value depth must be equal to or greater than R-49
Additional requirements for floor insulation:
- Existing R-value must be no more than R-0
- Final R-value depth must be equal to or greater than R-19
- Electrically cooled homes do not qualify
Additional program rules:
- Submit all documents so they are postmarked within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date
- Incentive may not exceed total cost of the project
- Self-installed insulation are eligible for incentives on materials only
- For each area of the home, limit one incentive per insulation type for the lifetime of the home
- Incentive is paid by square footage of installed insulation
- Insulation Application, completed and signed*
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice must include:
- Product and/or installation costs (materials, labor, service)
- Date work initiated
- Date work completed
- Square footage of area(s) insulated
- Pre-existing R-value
- Added R-value
- Retailer and/or trade ally business name
- Third Party Payment Addendum (only for homeowners and other third-party entities not listed on account and applying for incentives)
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable**
To ensure your home is eligible for an incentive and below the maximum insulation depth requirements, please use the Insulation Depth Calculator. Prior to your contractor recording measurements, take a peak in your attic and do it yourself!
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the Home Energy Savings program August 1, 2020 tariff filing approved by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Electric heating is defined as a permanently installed system consisting of an electric furnace, heat pump, or electric zonal heating system (baseboard or ceiling/wall heaters) serving as the home’s current primary heat source. Space heaters do not qualify.
Electric Cooling is defined gas heating and a permanently installed electric heat pump, or ducted electric central air conditioner serving as the home’s current primary cooling source. Room air conditioners and evaporative coolers do not qualify.
Non-electric heating or cooling is defined as a heating or cooling system with gas, oil, wood heating, pellet stoves, or propane serving as the home’s current primary heat or cooling source.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of California who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules D, DL-6, DS-8, DM-9 or NEM-35 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of California where the tenant is billed on rate schedules D, DL-6, DS-8, DM-9 or NEM-35 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power account holder.
How to Apply
Insulation may be self-installed by homeowners or installed by a contractor. Customers interested in using a contractor can find a participating contractor using the Washington Participating Weatherization Contractors list. When choosing to use a contractor, review the Incentive Application with the, to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date. Incentive checks are issued within six weeks of receipt of completed and approved incentive application. Please allow for mail delivery time. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Pacific Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- You can locate your account number on your statements as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your application to load in our system.
Manufactured homes insulation