|Equipment and Services||Customer Incentive*|
|Federal Standard Heat Pump Conversion||$2,000-$2,250|
|9.0+ HSPF Heat Pump Conversion||$2,250-$2,500|
|12+ HSPF Heat Pump Conversion||$2,500-$2,750|
|Heat pump to heat pump upgrade||$250|
|Heat Pump installed in a new manufactured home||$1,300|
|Heat pump (fuel switching)||$2,250-$3,000|
*Incentive level is dependent upon various factors including whether or not the customer is residing in a Highly Impacted Community. If you have questions, talk to an approved Wattsmart Home Energy Savings vendor.
Choose a Qualified Trade Ally from the Wattsmart Vendor Network
- The Wattsmart Vendor Network (Network) is a collaboration between Pacific Power and local contractors, distributors, manufacturers, engineers, architects, and other vendors to promote sales and incentives for the installation of energy-efficient equipment.
- Advantages to participating in the Network include: improved visibility, program support and training, access to incentive-specific calculators, qualified business leads, marketing support, and notification of program updates.
- Become a Wattsmart Vendor.
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Customer must hire a contractor who is a qualified Trade Ally from the Wattsmart Vendor Network. Find approved vendors: pacificpower.tradeally.com/. Projects from contractors not on this list will not be considered.
- See here for single family home ductless heat pump incentives.
- Must be existing single family home, new construction is not eligible for this incentive.
- Qualifying replacement equipment includes electric heating system, or gas, oil, wood heating, pellet stoves, and propane system conversions.
- Space heaters do not qualify.
- Heat pumps replacing oil, propane, wood or other non-electric and non-gas fuel source are eligible for increased incentives. Apply for fuel switching incentives here.
Requirements for all heat pump installations:
- Equipment must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Washington Technical Specifications Manual.
- Equipment must be listed on the AHRI (Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute) Certified Directory: ahridirectory.org.
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards.
- May apply for only one of these incentives per heat pump.
- Work must be completed by a Wattsmart Vendor Network contractor. Find a program-qualified contractor with Find A Vendor tool. Contractors must be on the list at the time of equipment installation.
Additional requirements for heat pump to heat pump upgrade:
- Minimum 9.0 HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor).
- Equipment must be a new air-source split or packaged unitary heat pump with an AHRI Standard Rating Cooling Capacity of 65,000 BTU/hr. (5.4 tons) or less.
- Previous primary heat source must have been an existing ducted heat pump.
- New heat pump must be the current primary heat source.
- Homes 3,500 square feet or less may qualify for one unit, while homes greater than 3,500 square feet may qualify for two units. Homes greater than 3,500 square feet requiring more than two units may apply for additional incentives (additional documentation required, subject to program approval).
Additional requirements for heat pump conversion:
- All heat pump conversion projects will be subject to a pre-installation inspection to confirm the customer’s primary heat source that is being replaced with a heat pump. This inspection must take place before the contractor removes any equipment from the customer’s home. Please reach out to [email protected] for additional information.
- Minimum Federal Standard HSPF.
- Work must be completed by a Program-Qualified HVAC Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor List.
- Incentive not offered to customers replacing an existing ducted heat pump.
- Equipment must be a new air-source split or packaged unitary heat pump with an AHRI Standard Cooling Capacity of 65,00 BTU/hr. (5.4 tons) or less.
- New heat pump must be the current primary heat source.
- Must include Best Practice Installation and Sizing.
- Homes 3,500 square feet or less may qualify for one unit, while homes greater than 3,500 square feet may qualify for two units; homes greater than 3,500 square feet requiring more than two units may apply for additional incentives (additional documentation required, subject to program approval).
Additional program requirements:
- Incentive amount may not exceed the total cost of the project.
- Application must be submitted within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- All required documents must be submitted within 90 days of the service completion date.
Required documents include:
- Incentive Application, completed and signed*
- Itemized receipt/contractor invoice, must include:
- Product and/or installation costs (materials, labor, service)
- Model numbers; indoor and outdoor
- Date work initiated
- Date work completed
- Trade ally business name
- Manual J load or equivalent load calculation.
- AHRI Certificate (only for heat pump upgrade and heat pump conversion).
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account.
- IRS W9 Form, if applicable**
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application.
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives.
Incentives are associated with the Home Energy Savings program January 1, 2023 tariff filing approved by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Washington who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules 16, 17, 18, and 19 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Washington where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 16, 17, 18, an 19 also qualify for this program. You can locate you rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power account holder.
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Pacific Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of you incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your application to load in our system.
Manufactured homes heat pumps