(also known as electric hybrid water heaters)
Already bought your water heater?
Get started online
Why heat pump water heaters?
Energy efficient heat pump water heaters, like models that are ENERGY STAR® certified, save you money, and protect the environment.
- Previous water heater must have been an electric storage water heater (incentive does not apply when replacing an existing heat pump water heater).
- Existing homes (single family, multifamily, and manufactured) and new construction all qualify
- Heat pump water heater must meet the following minimum efficiency criteria
- > 45 and ≤ 55 gallons: 3.09 or 3.31 Uniform Energy Factor (UEF)
- > 55 and ≤ 75 gallons: 3.33 UEF
- > 75 gallons: 3.42 UEF
- If you are not self-installing, the work must be completed by a Wattsmart Vendor Network contractor. Find a program-qualified contractor in the Find A Vendor tool. Contractors must be on the list at the time of equipment installation.
- Submit all documents so they are received within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date.
- Incentive may not exceed project costs.
- Self-installed heat pump water heaters are eligible for equipment costs only.
- See more information here.