Save big on high-efficiency heat pumps
Score serious cash back when you convert to an energy-efficient heat pump. Program-qualified heat pumps are up to 20 percent more efficient than older models. With proper selection, installation and maintenance, you can gain big savings on your heating and cooling costs. Cash incentives are available for heat pump conversions and upgrades
Effective January 1, 2023, all heat pump conversion projects will be subject to pre-approval to confirm the customer’s primary heat source that is being replaced with a heat pump. This pre-approval must take place before the contractor removes any equipment from the customer’s home. Please reach out to [email protected] for additional information.
Heat pumps replacing oil, propane, wood, or other non-electric and non-gas fuel source are eligible for increased incentives. Apply for fuel-switching incentives here.
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive|
|Federal Standard Heat Pump Conversion||$2,250-$2,500|
|9.0+ HSPF Heat Pump Conversion||$2,500-$3,000|
|12.0+ HSPF Heat Pump Conversion||$2,750-$3,500|
Incentive amount based on equipment specifications, equipment being replaced, and home type. See Incentive Application for full details.
Choose a Qualified Trade Ally from the Wattsmart Vendor Network
- The Wattsmart Vendor Network (Network) is a collaboration between Pacific Power and local contractors, distributors, manufacturers, engineers, architects, and other vendors to promote sales and incentives for the installation of energy-efficient equipment.
- Advantages to participating in the Network include: improved visibility, program support and training, access to incentive-specific calculators, qualified business leads, marketing support, and notification of program updates.
- Become a Wattsmart Vendor
Ensure the customer qualifies
- To be eligible for this DHP incentive, your home must be located in a highly impacted community:
- The Washington Department of Health (DOH) defines a highly impacted community as a census tract that meets at least one of the following criteria:
- The census tract is covered or partially covered by “Indian Country” as defined and designated by statute (RCW 19.405.020), or
- The census track ranks a nine or ten on the Environmental Health Disparities Map, as designated by the Washington DOH.
- Heat pumps replacing oil, propane, wood, or other non-electric and non-gas fuel source are eligible for increased incentives. Apply for fuel-switching incentives here.
Requirements for all heat pump installations:
- Equipment must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Washington Technical Specifications Manual
- Equipment must be listed on the AHRI (Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute) Certified Directory: ahridirectory.org
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
- May apply for only one of these incentives per heat pump
- Work must be completed by a Program-Qualified HVAC Contractor on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor List.
Additional requirements for heat pump conversion:
- All heat pump conversion projects will be subject to pre-approval to confirm the customer’s primary heat source that is being replaced with a heat pump. This pre-approval must take place before the contractor removes any equipment from the customer’s home. Please reach out to [email protected] for additional information.
- Minimum 9.0 HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor)
- Incentive not offered to customers replacing an existing ducted heat pump
- Equipment must be a new air-source split or packaged unitary heat pump with an AHRI Standard Rating Cooling Capacity of 65,000 BTU/hr. (5.4 tons) or less
- New heat pump must be the current primary heat source
- Homes 3,500 square feet or less may qualify for one unit, while homes greater than 3,500 square feet may qualify for two units. Homes greater than 3,500 square feet requiring more than two units may apply for additional incentives (additional documentation required, subject to program approval)
- Incentive application and supporting documentation must be postmarked or submitted online within 90 days of equipment installation
- Incentive may not exceed the total cost of the project
Required documents include:
- Incentive Application, completed and signed*
- Itemized receipt/contractor invoice, must include:
- Product and/or installation costs (materials, labor, service)
- Model numbers; indoor and outdoor units
- Date work initiated
- Date work completed
- Trade ally business name
- Manual J load or equivalent load calculation
- AHRI Certificate (only for heat pump upgrade and heat pump conversion)
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W9 Form, if applicable**
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application.
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives.
Incentives are associated with the Home Energy Savings program January 1, 2023 tariff filing approved by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Washington who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules 16, 17, 18, and 19 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Washington where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 16, 17, 18, and 19 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power account holder.
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor on the Washington Qualified Contractor list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the incentive application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements and incentive qualifications, and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.