Highly Impacted Communities Incentives
Highly Impacted Communities incentives
Ductless heat pumps for highly impacted communities
Pacific Power is helping communities in need find their comfort zone
Are you ready to replace the oil, propane, wood, or wood pellet heating in your home? Are you in one of the identified communities below? If so, you may be eligible for $2,000 towards the purchase of efficient electric heating and cooling.
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive|
Ductless Heat Pump
(replacement of electric forced air furnace or a zonal electric system)
Ductless Heat Pump
(replacement of other non-electric and non-natural gas heating system (i.e., wood, propane, and heating oil). )
Choose a Qualified Trade Ally from the Wattsmart Vendor Network
- The Wattsmart Vendor Network (Network) is a collaboration between Pacific Power and local contractors, distributors, manufacturers, engineers, architects, and other vendors to promote sales and incentives for the installation of energy-efficient equipment. Ductless Heat Pump measure may be self-installed.
- Advantages to participating in the Network include: improved visibility, program support and training, access to incentive-specific calculators, qualified business leads, marketing support, and notification of program updates.
- Become a Wattsmart Vendor
Ensure the customer qualifies:
- The Washington Department of Health (DOH) defines a highly impacted community as a census tract that meets at least one of the following criteria:
- The census tract is covered or partially covered by “Indian Country” as defined and designated by statute (RCW 19.405.020), or
- The census track ranks a nine or ten on the Environmental Health Disparities Map, as designated by the Washington DOH.
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Heat pumps replacing oil, propane, wood, or other non-electric and non-gas fuel source are eligible for increased incentives. Apply for fuel-switching incentives here.
- Gas conversions do not qualify. Previous primary heat electric sources may qualify for a ductless heat pump incentive
Heating Oil Pollution Liability Insurance Program
The Washington State Pollution Liability Insurance Agency (PLIA) offers a Heating Oil Loan and Grant Program to help customers. The Pilot Heating Oil Loan and Grant Program provides up to $75,000 for heating oil tank owners to:
- Collect critical data about their site and clean up releases.
- Upgrade, replace, or remove heating oil tank systems to prevent future releases.
- Install new infrastructure.
Accepted program participants will receive a grant of up to $5,000 to collect the data necessary to determine the level of cleanup required and the anticipated costs. Visit the website for more information. The current application cycle ends December 15, 2022.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Washington who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules 16, 17, 18, and 19 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Washington where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 16, 17, 18 and 19 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power account holder.
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor on the Washington Qualified Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the incentive application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive checks are issued within six weeks of receipt of the completed and approved incentive application. Please allow for mail delivery time. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your application to load in our system.
Heating & cooling
Incentives for heating & cooling
Duct sealing & duct insulation
Ductless heat pumps