Enjoy energy saving with a view
Looking for a window of opportunity to garner serious savings? High-performance windows are the answer. We offer cash back for new windows that can reduce heat loss in the winter, keep your home comfortable in the summer, lessen noise and lower your energy bills. Buildings with four (4) or more units are considered multifamily.
Pacific Power partners with local agencies to provide free weatherization services to income-qualifying homeowners and renters living in mobile homes. Based on the home’s needs, a variety of measures can be installed, including insulation, energy-efficient showerheads, LED light bulbs and more. All of these measures are designed to lower your electric bills while keeping your home comfortable. Learn more: https://www.pacificpower.net/liweatherization
|Service & Requirements||Customer Incentive|
|Windows||$1.00/sq. ft. of qualifying windows|
Ensure the multifamily home qualifies:
- Four or more attached units are considered multifamily
- Home must complete the pre-qualification process. Contact the program to begin the pre-qualification process and to get the required application documents at [email protected]
- Must be an existing multifamily; new construction is not eligible for this incentive
- Home’s primary heat must be electric baseboard, electric ceiling or wall heat, electric furnace, ductless heat pump, or electric ducted heat pump (space heaters do not qualify)
Requirements for windows:
- Maximum U-factor of 25 or lower
- Sliding glass doors must by 80% glazed to qualify
- Work must be completed by a Wattsmart Vendor Network contractor. Find a program-qualified contractor in the Find A Vendor tool. Contractors must be on the list at the time of equipment installation
- Windows must be installed in a finished or conditioned living space with a permanently installed heating system
- Windows must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Washington Technical Specifications Manual
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
- Work completed as part of building code requirements do not qualify
- Windows may be self-installed by the customer, upon pre-approval.
- Window units that have previously received an incentive through the program do not qualify for additional incentives if replaced
Additional program rules:
- Submit all documents within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date
- Incentive may not exceed the total cost of the project
- Self-installers are eligible for incentives on materials only
- Incentives are limited to one-time installations within the qualified space of the home and will not exceed window purchase price
- Window units that have previously received an incentive through the program do not qualify for additional incentives if replaced.
- Incentive Application, completed and signed *
- Program inssued pre-qualification approval
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Manufacturer’s specifications sheet or NFRC (National Fenestration Rating Council) stickers for each window
- Third Party Payment Addendum (only for property owners and other third-party entities not listed on account and applying for incentives)
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable **
* If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
** Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the Home Energy Savings program January 1, 2022 tariff filing approved by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. All incentives are subject to change within 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Washington who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules 16, 17,18, and 19 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Washington where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 16, 17,18, and 19also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power account holder.
Step 1 – Multifamily Pre-Qualification:
- Property managers, owners, or trade allies must submit a pre-qualification form before starting work. This form can be requested from and submitted to [email protected] . Once submitted, the property will be considered pre-qualified only if the requested property is on a qualifying residential rate schedule, and the requested incentive(s) have not been paid previously at the property. Information provided on the pre-qualification form is also used to schedule a pre-inspection; property managers, owners, or trade allies should provide the proper contact information for an inspector to gain access to the property and individual units as necessary.
Step 2 – Multifamily Pre-Inspection:
- Wattsmart Homes will schedule a pre-inspection and ensure the property qualifies based on the site conditions. The property manager, owner, or trade ally will be given approval to proceed with work, if qualified.
Step 3 – Multifamily Post-Inspection:
- Upon completion of work, please submit application materials to [email protected] . If the application materials are complete, the program will schedule a port-inspection to ensure all work meets HES requirements. Note that applications for projects that do not complete steps 1 and/or 2 will not be accepted.
Contractor completes energy upgrades:
- The contractor will perform the necessary work for the project to qualify for an incentive. Consult with your contractor to get a clear understanding of the work being performed and how ling it will take. Also remember to notify your tenants about the work being done.
Application is submitted:
- Once the work is completed, the contractor submits one incentive application for the entire multifamily property to the Wattsmart Homes program.
- All units listed on the application must be verified on the landlord account (units may need to be added of they are not under the landlord account at the time of review).
- One itemized invoice detailing the work performed for the property must be submitted.
- A complete W-9 form for the person or entity receiving the incentive check must be submitted along with the application for tax purposes. For changes to account name, contact Business Solutions at 1-866-870-3419.
- In some cases a Third Party Payment Addendum will be required if a landlord account is not set up or if the payment is going to anyone other than the account holder
- Applications cannot be processed if any required documentation is missing.
- The property is then queued for a post-work inspection.
- After receipt of a completed incentive application the program will schedule a post-work inspection to verify all program requirements have been met.
- A minimum of 25 percent of the units that received an energy efficiency upgrade must be inspected
- Tenants should be notified of this post-work inspection beforehand.
Application is processed and check is mailed:
- Checks will be issues for approved applications within six weeks of final processing.
Incentive Application Materials:
- IRS W-9 Forms (for businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, receiving incentives)
- Third Party Payment Addendum
Call 1-855-805-7231 or email us.