A hot deal on heat pump water heaters
Save big when you upgrade to a high-performance heat pump water heater. Earn cash back on your purchase and watch your water heating costs drop. Qualified models can save the average household $100 a year on electric bills.
The Federal Non-Business Energy Property Tax Credits have been retroactively extended from 12/31/2017 through 12/31/2021. Tax credits are available to homeowners who installed energy-efficient products in 2018, 2019, and 2020. Heat pump water heaters are eligible for a $300 tax credit. More information.
By sharing this information, Pacific Power is not providing any tax advice. Please consult with your tax adviser concerning the tax treatment of incentives and reporting of payments with respect to your taxes.
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Incentive|
|Heat pump water heater: Tier 3 and above, 0-55 gallons||$500|
Requirements for heat pump water heaters:
- Heat pump water heater must meet the Advanced Water Heating Specifications.
- Must be on the Qualified Product List at time of purchase. Heat pump water heaters that are above 55 gallons do not qualify
- Work must be completed by a Wattsmart Vendor Network contractor or self-install. Find a program-qualified contractor in the Find A Vendor tool. Contractors must be on the list at the time of equipment installation
- Heat pump water heater must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Washington Technical Specifications Manual
- Previous water heater must have been an electric storage water heater (incentive does not apply when replacing and existing heat pump water heater)
- Gas system conversions do not qualify
Additional program rules:
- Incentive application and supporting documentation must be postmarked or submitted online within 90 days of equipment installation
- Incentive may not exceed project costs
- Self-installed heat pump water heaters are eligible for equipment costs only
- Heat Pump Water Heater Application, completed and signed*
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice must include:
- Product and/or installation costs (materials, labor, service)
- Model numbers: indoor and outdoor
- Date work initiated
- Date work completed
- Retailer and/or ally business name
- Third Party Payment Addendum (only for homeowners and other third-party entities not listed on account and applying for incentives)
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable**
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the January 4, 2021 tariff filing approved by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Washington who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules D, DL-6, DS-8, DM-9 or NEM-35 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Washington where the tenant is billed on rate schedules D, DL-6, DS-8, DM-9 or NEM-35 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power account holder.
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor on the Washington Participating Plumbing Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a qualified program trade ally. Review the incentive application with your trade ally to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date. Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt. Checks are only payable to the account holder. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to Washington Public Utilities Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.