Don’t let energy slip through the cracks
Be Wattsmart and save on duct sealing and duct insulation. When energy is lost through duct surfaces, heating and cooling equipment has to work harder to make up for the loss. As a result, you could be spending too much money to maintain comfort. Duct sealing and duct insulation can cut those heating and cooling costs by 30 percent.
Qualifications & Incentives
(for homes with electric heating)
*Services can be performed by multiple Qualified Contractors.
- Incentives are available for existing homes only, not new construction
- Incentive amount cannot exceed the total cost of the project
- All required documentation must be postmarked within 90 days of completion of the qualifying product or service purchase
- Additional incentive-specific qualifications and required documentation are listed below
- Work must be completed by a Qualified Contractor
- Must have a minimum of 10 linear feet of exposed duct work located in unconditioned space
- Cannot be claimed if also converting or upgrading heat pump or central air conditioner
- Electric heat is defined as permanently installed duct system consisting of an electric furnace or heat pump serving as the home’s current primary heat source
- Non-electric heat sources do not qualify (including gas furnaces, oil, or propane)
- Duct leakage prior to sealing is ≥ 24% and Duct leakage after sealing is ≤ 12%
- Duct sealing must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the California Technical Specification Manual
- All physically accessible ducts located in unconditioned living space must be sealed
Additional program requirements:
- Incentives are limited to one-time installations within the qualified space of the home and cannot exceed the total cost of the project
- Homes that have previously received an incentive through the program do not qualify for additional incentives if replaced
Required documents include:
Residential electric customers residing in the state of California who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules D, DL-6, DS-8, DM-9 or NEM-35 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of California where the tenant is billed on rate schedules D, DL-6, DS-8, DM-9 or NEM-35 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power account holder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor on the Participating or Qualified HVAC Contractor list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the incentive application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements and incentive qualifications, and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be submitted online and or postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved incentive application. Checks are only payable to the account holder. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Pacific Power account number
- Electronic Images of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product
- Please allow six weeks plus mail services time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- you can locate your account number on your statement as shown below
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your online application to load in our system.