Take control of your heating and cooling costs
Lately it seems everyone is talking about making their homes smarter, and it makes perfect sense. The smarter (or Wattsmarter) your home, the more energy and money you save. Installing a smart thermostat is a great way to take that next step. Smart thermostats give you unprecedented control of your heating and cooling system, and adapt to make the system as efficient as possible, boosting comfort while saving you more than $50 a year in energy costs. You can control the thermostat remotely, preheat or cool down your home just before you arrive, apply vacation settings and even receive personalized energy usage feedback.
Ensure the home qualifies:
- May be an existing single-family home, multifamily home, or manufactured home.
- Home’s primary heat source must be a ducted heat pump.
Program requirements for smart thermostats:
- Smart thermostat must be a new programmable climate control device that allows customizable. schedule of home temperature.
- Occupancy sensor must be enabled.
- Smart thermostat must be new and not pre-owned.
- Smart thermostat must be on the Qualified Products List at the time of purchase.
Additional program rules:
- Incentive application and supporting documentation must be postmarked or submitted online within. 90 days of equipment installation.
- Incentive may not exceed the total cost of the project.
- Incentive Application, completed and signed *
- Itemized receipt
- Application must be submitted within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable **
* If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the mailed date on the application
** Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the Home Energy Savings program June 15, 2023 tariff filing approved by the California Public Utilities Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of California who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules D, DL-6, DS-8, DM-9 or NEM-35 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of California where the tenant is billed on rate schedules D, DL-6, DS-8, DM-9 or NEM-35 aslo qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power account holder.
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Pacific Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of you incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your application to load in our system.