Go ductless and find your comfort zone
Make the move to a ductless heat pump and earn up to $1,000 cash back on your purchase. It’s a simple upgrade that’s far more efficient than baseboards and wall heaters. Enjoy savings of up to 50 percent on your heating and cooling costs, and with no invasive ductwork, installation is easy and affordable.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment and Services||Customer Incentive|
|Heat Pump to Heat Pump Upgrade||$100|
|Heat Pump Conversion||$1,000|
|Ductless Heat Pump||$1,000|
- Must be an existing single family home, new construction is not eligible for this incentive
- Buildings with four or more units are considered multifamily
- All HVAC equipment incentives require an Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) certificate to qualify. The AHRI Directory can be found online at ahridirectory.org
- Incentive amount cannot exceed the total cost of the project
- All required documentation must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date
- Additional incentive-specific qualifications and required documentation are listed below
Ductless heat pump equipment (single and multi-head):
- Work must be completed by a Participating or Qualified HVAC Contractor
- Minimum 9 HSPF
- Must employ an inverter driven outdoor compressor unit and a variable speed fan for indoor blower and be fully ductless
- Equipment must be a new AHRI rated ductless (mini-split) system listed in the AHRI Certified Directory
- Previous primary heat source must be a permanently installed electric resistance system (i.e. electric baseboard, electric ceiling/wall heat or electric forced air furnace) that serves at least 80% of the home’s conditioned floor area
- Ductless heat pump installation resource is available in California Technical Specifications Manual
- Incentive is not offered to customers replacing an existing air source heat pumps
- Homes 3,500 square feet or less may qualify for one unit, while homes greater than 3,500 square feet may qualify for two units. Homes greater than 3,500 square feet requiring more than two units may apply for additional incentives (additional documentation required; contact program for more information)
- Gas, oil and propane system conversions do not qualify
- Required documents include:
- Completed and signed Incentive Application
- Itemized receipt/trade ally invoice (see incentive application for invoice requirements)
- AHRI certificate
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Forms (for business and non-individual customers receiving incentives)
Residential electric customers residing in the state of California who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules D, DL-6, DS-8, DM-9 or NEM-35 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of California where the tenant is billed on rate schedules D, DL-6, DS-8, DM-9 or NEM-35 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power account holder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor on the California Participating or Qualified HVAC Contractor list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the incentive application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements and incentive qualifications, and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be submitted online and or postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved incentive application. Checks are only payable to the account holder. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.