$900 cash back
electric hybrid water heaters
(also known as heat pump water heaters)
Heading to the store?
Grab a coupon before you go to save $900 instantly at the time of purchase
Already bought your water heater?
Complete the post-purchase application by mail/email
Get started online
Complete the post-purchase application online
Compared to a standard electric water heater, electric hybrid water heater models use up to 70% less electricity.
By upgrading to an electric hybrid water heater, the average family of four could save hundreds of dollars on their electric bills.
BENEFIT THE ENVIRONMENT
EPA calculates that if NEEA-specified electric hybrid water heaters replaced every standard electric water heater in the U.S., it would prevent approximately 140 billion pounds of annual greenhouse gas emissions.
- Previous water heater must have been an electric storage water heater (incentive does not apply when replacing an existing electric hybrid water heater).
- Must be on the Qualified Product List at time of purchase. Electric hybrid water heaters that are above 55 gallons do not qualify.
- If you are not self-installing, the work must be completed by a Wattsmart Vendor Network contractor. Find a program-qualified contractor in the Find A Vendor tool. Contractors must be on the list at the time of equipment installation.
- Submit all documents so they are received within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date.
- Incentive may not exceed project costs.
- Self-installed electric hybrid water heaters are eligible for equipment costs only.
- See more information here.