Cool down your home and energy bill
Receive big cash-back savings on evaporative coolers. Qualified permanent models use up to 75 percent less energy than central AC to cool the same amount of space. Plus, they can cost about half as much to purchase as a comparable central AC system.
We also offer cash back on portable evaporative coolers that provide a versatile, economical solution to home cooling. These high-efficiency units are easy to move from room to room and consume up to 75 percent less energy than air conditioners.
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Single Family & Multi Family Incentive||Manufactured Home Incentive|
|Tier 1 Evaporative cooler (2,000-3,499 CFM)||Up to $62||Up to $125|
|Tier 2 Evaporative cooler (3,500 CFM or greater)||Up to $312||Up to $375|
Choose a Qualified Trade Ally from the Wattsmart Vendor Network
- The Wattsmart Vendor Network (Network) is a collaboration between Pacific Power and local contractors, distributors, manufacturers, engineers, architects, and other vendors to promote sales and incentives for the installation of energy-efficient equipment.
- Advantages to participating in the Network include: improved visibility, program support and training, access to incentive-specific calculators, qualified business leads, marketing support, and notification of program updates.
- Become a Wattsmart Vendor.
Ensure home qualifies:
- Must be an existing single family home, new construction is not eligible for this incentive.
Requirements for both evaporative cooler measures:
- Equipment must be new, first–time install and not a replacement for a previous evaporative cooler.
- Equipment must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Washington Technical Specifications Manual.
- Customer must hire a contractor, who is a qualified Trade Ally from the Wattsmart Vendor Network. Find approved vendors: pacificpower.tradeally.com. Projects completed by contractors not on this list are not eligible for this incentive.
Requirements for evaporative cooler 2,000-3,499 CFM:
- 2,000-3,499 CFM (cubic feet per minute).
Requirements for evaporative cooler 3,500 CFM or greater:
- Minimum 3,500 CFM (cubic feet per minute).
- Equipment must be permanently installed (window, roof, or attic installations).
- Home must use evaporative cooling exclusively.
- Portable equipment does not qualify.
Additional program rules:
- Incentive application and supporting documentation must be postmarked or submitted online within 90 days of equipment installation.
- Incentive may not exceed the total cost of the project.
- Application must be submitted within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Incentive Application, completed and signed *
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice.
- Third Party Payment Addendum (only for homeowners and other third-party entities not listed on account and applying for incentives).
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable **
* If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed in the application
** Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the Home Energy Savings program January 1, 2023 tariff filing approved by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. All incentives are subject to change within 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Washington who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules 16, 17, 18, and 19 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Washington where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 16, 17, 18, and 19 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power account holder.
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Pacific Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Incentive application and supporting documentation must be postmarked or submitted online within 90 days of equipment installation
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your online application to load in our system.