Go ductless and find your comfort zone
Make the move to a ductless heat pump and earn up to $1,250 cash back on your purchase. It’s a simple upgrade that’s far more efficient than baseboard and wall heaters. Enjoy savings of up to 50 percent on your heating and cooling costs, and with no invasive duct work, installation is easy and affordable.
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive|
|Ductless heat pump||$1,250|
|CTA-2045 Compliant Heat Pump Incentives|
|Customer/Trade Ally Incentive||$100|
Ensure the home qualifies:
Customer must hire a Contractor must be a qualified Trade Ally from the Wattsmart Vendor Network. Find approved vendors: pacificpower.tradeally.com/. Projects from contractors not on this list will not be considered.
- Must be existing single family home, new construction is not eligible for this incentive
- Buildings with four or more units are considered multifamily
- Previous primary heat source must have been a permanently installed electric resistance heating system (electric baseboards electric furnace, electric ceiling/wall heat)
- Incentive is not offered to customers replacing an existing ducted heat pump
- Homes 3,500 square feet or less may qualify for one unit, while homes greater than 3,500 square feet may qualify for two units. Homes greater than 3,500 square feet requiring more than two units may apply for additional incentives (additional documentation required, contact the program for more information)
Requirements for ductless heat pumps:
- Minimum 9.0 HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor)
- Equipment must be installed according to specification outlined in the Washington Technical Specification Manual
- Equipment must be listed on the AHRI (Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute) Certified Directory: ahridirectory.org
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
- Equipment must be a new AHRI rated ductless (mini-split) system
- Must employ an inverter-driven outdoor compressor unit and a variable speed fan for indoor blower and be fully ductless
- Must have at least one indoor head installed in the primary living space
- Work must be completed by a Wattsmart Vendor Network contractor. Find a program-qualified contractor in the Find A Vendor tool. Contractors must be on the list at the time of equipment installation
Additional program rules:
- May apply for only one incentive per heat pump
- Submit all documents within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date
- Incentive may not exceed the total cost of the project
- Heat Pump Application, completed and signed *
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Product and/or installation costs (materials, labor, service)
- Model number: indoor and outdoor
- Date work initiated
- Date work completed
- Trade ally business name
- AHRI certificate
- Third Party Payment Addendum (only for homeowners and other third-party entities not listed on account and applying for incentives)
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable **
* If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
** Applicable only to business and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the Home Energy savings program January 4, 2021 tariff filing approved by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. All incentives are subject to change within 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Washington who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Washington where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power account holder.
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor on the Washington Qualified Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the incentive application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive checks are issued within six weeks of receipt of the completed and approved incentive application. Please allow for mail delivery time. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your application to load in our system.