Incentives for manufactured homes
Manufactured homes duct sealing
Manufactured homes ductless heat pumps
Manufactured homes smart thermostats
Manufactured homes duct sealing
Get $150 cash back.
Don’t let energy slip thorugh the cracks
Be wattsmart and save on duct sealing and duct insulation. When energy is lost through duct surfaces, heating and cooling equipment has to work harder to make up for the loss. As a result, you could be spending too much money to maintain comfort. Duct sealing and duct insulation can cut those heating and cooling costs by 30 percent.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive|
(free direct install service)
|No incentive available|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing manufactured home, new construction is not eligible
Requirements for duct sealing:
- Work must be completed by a Qualified Contractor
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
- Must have a minimum of 10 linear feet of exposed duct work located in unconditioned space
- Home’s primary heating source must be either a ducted heat pump or an electric forces air furnace
- Existing ducts must be unsealed
- Duct sealing must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Washington Technical Specifications Manual
- All physically accessible ducts located in unconditioned living space must be sealed
- A functioning carbon monoxide alarm is required when a combustion appliance is present within the confines of the structure
Requirements for duct sealing (free direct install service):
- Duct sealing free direct install service is available through qualified program contractors on a limited basis
- Please contact the program at [email protected] for more information and availability
Additional program requirements:
- Incentives are limited to one-time installations within the qualified space of the home and may not exceed the total cost of the project
- Homes that have previously received an incentive through the program do not qualify for additional incentives if replaced
- Submit all documents within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date
- Duct sealing and Duct Insulation Application, completed and signed *
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice must include:
- Date work initiated
- Date work completed
- Trade ally business name
- Third Party Payment Addendum (only for homeowners and other third-party entities not listed on account and applying for incentives)
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable **
* if mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
** Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the Home Energy Savings program January 1, 2019 tariff filing approved by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Conditioned vs. unconditioned space – clarification notes:
For the most part, basements are conditioned spaces. Basements are not usually thermally isolated from the main living area and contain space conditioning ducts. Basements are also used for storage and frequently contain laundry facilities and other living spaced. Ducts serving unfinished basements are not always equipped with dedicated supply registers, although single registers at plenums are not unusual.
An unconditioned basement would have these properties: Thermally isolated from the main floor by insulation in the floor. Insulated, weather-stripped door (if above floor plane) and insulated stairwell walls where thermal plane penetrates floor, air sealed (caulked, foamed penetrations) wiring plumbing, sealed duct penetrations and sealed, insulated ducts. No supply registers.
While a crawlspace is unconditioned space, the floor must be insulated prior to or at the same time ducts are sealed and insulated to thermally isolate the crawlspace. Failure to do this will increase the heating load of the home and potentially cause comfort issues.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Washington who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules 16, 17, of 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Washington where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 16, 17, or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on you bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power account holder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor on the Washington Qualified Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the incentive application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive application an required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the service completion date. Incentive checks are issued within six weeks of receipt of the completed and approved incentive application Please allow for mail delivery time. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or services. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Pacific Power account number
- Electronic Images of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product
- Please allow six weeks plus mail services time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- you can locate your account number on your statement as shown below
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your online application to load in our system.
Incentives for manufactured
Manufactured homes central
Manufactured homes duct sealing
Manufactured homes ductless heat
Manufactured homes evaporative
Manufactured homes smart